Friday, January 11, 2013

Fun with Kiddos & Alligator Lake

So as I have mentioned before - I'm a wanderer. 
But today, the adventure was a little more exciting. 

A few weeks ago I was riding my bike alongside the road, and I noticed a big path going into the woods. This is about a mile away from our house, and I thought 

"Hmm, I wonder what's back there."
Here it is, weeks later, and I decided it was time to take a little stroll over there. I parked my bike in the weeds and I began walking. The first thing I noticed was the I-Kid-You-Not gazillion mushrooms.


But then I noticed it - 
the lake



Yes, I found a hidden lake. And I cannot even begin to explain to you the rate my heart was rabidly beating. With every step, I was worried,
"what if I get caught?"
"am I trespassing?"
But, I went for it, and I kept walking. 

It's funny, you know, because in that moment I was just thinking to myself, "ahaha, it'd be really funny if I saw an alligator" AND I KID YOU NOT
I LOOK UP AND OH
HEY LOOK
IT'S A FREAKING ALLIGATOR


This is me in this moment:
NO, NO, BAD BAD ABORT ABORT ABORT
and I was literally shaking soooo bad, I couldn't even keep the camera steady. This was amazing, it was exhilarating. And I was worried I'd die. But I kept on moving.
Oh, big mistake, I was several feet away from three smaller gators, and in the distance I could see another. I was done... it was time to go home, and I was glad I got home, because Joshua & I played with our friends, Savannah and Cameron. 





We had a fun time, and afterwards, it was the potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment