Sunday, February 3, 2013

water

So today I was feeling a little bit blue, about the same color as the skies look.
We'd be leaving soon, and I was getting a little torn about that. Also, not to mention, my aunt is currently in the hospital. She lives alone in Sarasota, Florida. My mother called, called, and called her on the phone, but no answer for days. Finally the cops arrived at her house. She's been in the hospital since, and my mom still won't tell me what's wrong. So, we're heading down there soon to go see her.

But as of now, I'm just having fun by the water.


I kind of have this love - hate thing with water. Like I mean I love the water, I love how it looks, how it feels between my fingers, how the wind creates waves and you throw a rock in and there is all these little ripples along the surface. It's awesome, water is cool, but I also fear it.

All my life I'd have nightmares of being trapped under the water, and I don't mean one or two, it's an on-going thing that happened several times in one night. It's not just recently, either, it's been happening since I was very little. This underlying fear of drowning, of not reaching the surface. If I was swimming and the water was above my shoulders, I'd have a panic attack. But I worked up my strength last summer, and my swimming abilities were good enough I was confident of being in the water, until i almost drowned and died. But we won't talk about that now, because, look~! I went from the swamp to the lake and I found an alligator :D


No comments:

Post a Comment