Thursday, December 20, 2012

the woods are my home

I love wandering, and it drives my parents insane (for the most part).
I pack my backpack with my camera, notebook, book, and snacks, and I just go.







Obviously if there is a no-trespassing sign, I back away, but otherwise I just wander.




There is a road right outside the campground, and I noticed a patch of woods on the other side.

I checked google maps first, just to get a general idea of the area, and then I went off. I just wandered in these woods for awhile, and let me tell you, it was the best thing ever.













The ground was covered in pine needles, making the ground so soft with every step.
Sounds of birds echoed throughout the woods.
Trees filled the landscape, going on for what seemed like miles.
I noticed mushrooms at my feet, I even found a toad.
And, it didn't take me long to realize there is a small creek running through the woods, which was super awesome.
Simple things like this, make me so incredibly happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment