Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Creativity Project Film Festival


During my time with the "creativity project" - the homeschool class that took place once a week - we completed two short films. The Wizard of Odd, and Zombie Xing. But that isn't the only thing we did! Ginger, Julie, and Susan, the moms responsible for this awesome opportunity, put together a "Movie Premier / Film Festival" at the local theatre. 



I have to say, I was extremely surprised at the outcome of people, there was at least fifty people sitting in the audience, if not more. We started off by playing some cartoons, and then after those were over, Ginger got on stage and spoke about the event and the films being shown tonight. Afterwards, all the kids got to walk across the 'red carpet' along the stage while everyone clapped and cheered. 


Here is a little description I found for both films - "The first short film, The Wizard of Odd, is an all ages modern parody of the classic film. The familiar characters have been re-imagined as their mirror opposites which creates a series of strange and funny new dilemmas. The second film, Zombie Xing, is a suspenseful but humorous "thriller" in which a group of young zombies invade an unsuspecting neighborhood."





I love both films greatly, but I have to say, Zombie Xing was pretty funny! (even if I did help out with it, haha)  

At the end of the night there was a surprise, we all gathered on stage once more, and the moms / leaders of the group arranged little 'Oscars' for all of us. Granted they were plastic, it was still very awesome! Our names were even engraved in them!!
I was really glad to be apart of the experience, even if I did miss the first couple months of filming, I was glad to help out with the rest of shooting and editing!
The next day I was even more surprised to see my picture in The Roanoke Times newspaper, how cool!






No comments:

Post a Comment