Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hunting Island, SC
















This morning, our parents didn't even tell us where we were going... it was a surprise! Granted it wasn't anything special, it was still an awesome day.

We drove over to Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina!

And I was realllyyy excited about going here because on Hunting Island, there is a lighthouse! I love lighthouses, but I've never seen on in person before.
I was so happy! We packed a lunch for the day and arrived to the state park early in the morning. I was amazed at how beautiful this place is - driving through the state park looks like a jungle - I wouldn't have been surprised if a monkey flung out from behind the trees... I've never seen so many palm trees before!

We walked around various trails until we arrived at the beach! :) We made it over to the lighthouse, but sadly, because there was construction going on inside, you weren't allowed to enter :(
I was rather upset about that, but we still got to go inside the lighthouse museum... that was pretty cool!

After exploring the beach for awhile, we stopped and ate some lunch. I was glad, too, because by then I was starving! I liked it here... both the water and sky were so blue today.
Too bad it was cold outside, or else I would have put my feet in the water :)



Joshua and I had a fun time exploring the small island, it was a great day and we all had so much fun! Afterwards we drove through some of the old historic landmarks of the area... I had no idea South Carolina was so pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment